1st June 2021
As international business travel starts to open up we have pulled together some hints and tips, based on our experience over the last month to help make your next business trip as seamless as possible. Beyond Business Travel are here to guide you through the process and book your tests.
Contact us if you have any queries or need assistance in managing your business travel.
- Book tests at time of ticket issue – We recommend that tests are booked at time of ticket issue, however far in advance. This is to accommodate uptake in demand to travel and to ensure results are received in appropriate time for travel.
- You must be subscribed to the test centres portal for in person testing – In person testing requires subscription to the test centres results portal and results will be available after a minimum of 12hrs from time of testing and can take longer.
- Beyond Business Travel can book your test – But the only the person having the test can subscribe to receive the results
- Print certificates – A fit to fly single use certificate is issued as your confirmation of negative testing – this will require printing as e copies are not accepted everywhere.
- Travelling with an exemption hold documentation throughout journey – Anyone travelling with an exemption from quarantine upon arrival at their destination or upon their return to NI through the recognised job categories must have always supporting documentation with them throughout their journey
- Return day 2 and day 8 testing kits need signed for – these will be dispatched to a home address typically 2 days prior to your expected return date and must be signed for upon delivery via courier.
- The day your return from your journey is classed as day zero – you are required to submit your 1st test sample on day 2 and day 8 as per instructions from inside your kit – results from each of these are delivered to your email within 48hrs
- Upload travel documents or print – Take care whether you need to upload or hold printed copies for each country visited on an itinerary. We recommend holding a hard copy for arrival and departure.
- NHS tests cannot be used for travel – NHS tests that are being used to test for COVID can not currently be used as a test to permit travel, a recognised government supplier must be used
- PCR return testing results must also be issued in English – you can be denied boarding if not available at check in
Advice and travel entry restrictions are subject to change, see below for up-to-date relevant information or speak to your account manager 028 90850615